Tony Rawlings, site logo.

Public Commissions

Loosecote was a commission from Charlie Gilman erected in front of Pickworth Church in Rutland. 

Pickworth was close to a battle of the War of The Roses in 1470 which became known as the Battle of Loosecote Field owing to the defeated Lancastrian side reputedly throwing off their coats as they fled the field in terror. 

The carving is in local Clipsham Stone donated by Ivor Crowson and the plinth is Irish Blue Limestone provided by Henry Flint at Ketton Architectural Stone